Wednesday 16 December 2009

Virendar Sehwag: It’s the best ODI innings I’ve played

Indian opener Virender Sehwag described his match-winning blistering 102-ball 146 in the first ODI against Sri Lanka as his best knock in one-day internationals.

"It is my best knock in one-day internationals. It is better than the 130 I made earlier," the Delhi dasher said in the post-match press conference after India beat Sri Lanka by three runs.

"When Tendulkar and I were batting we thought we could reach 350 as the wicket was that good. But then when I and MS Dhoni got together to raise the 300 in the 32nd over we felt we could get 400," he said.

"I could not have won the match alone. It was a team effort," he declared.

A modest Sehwag also did not agree to suggestions that his batting was as destructive as that West Indian legend Vivian Richards.

"I don't think I am anywhere near Sachin or Vivian Richards. It's you media people who are making this up," he said.

Source:  Cricket Nirvana

No comments:

Post a Comment